Apache Error Message
index_names : "none"); return HTTP_FORBIDDEN; } share|improve this answer edited Oct 27 at 8:22 answered Jul 2 '12 at 7:19 Ahmad 8,78832336 36 Also, one should check the folder's permissions This error can also be caused by the file lacking read permissions. Retrieved 16 October 2015. ^ "RFC2616 on status 416". Retrieved 16 October 2015. ^ Goland, Yaronn; Whitehead, Jim; Faizi, Asad; Carter, Steve R.; Jensen, Del (February 1999). Source
This page should, ideally, tell the user that something is wrong, down-play the fact that someone messed up (probably you as the webmaster!), and also provide a set of links to Name: yaroslav yarlat at mail dot ru I'm sending the HTML form by POST method to the url '/mypage.php'. If you have Apache setup to listen on, say, port 8080, then use
Apache Custom Error Page
Iana.org. This code indicates that the server has received and is processing the request, but no response is available yet. This prevents the client from timing out and assuming the request was Upload the file to the server, and rename it .htaccess. Here are some examples...
- When received in response to a POST (or PUT/DELETE), the client should presume that the server has received the data and should issue a redirect with a separate GET message. 304
- Configuring Apache to Use your Error Pages Now, we just need to tell Apache that it should be utilizing these pages whenever the correct error conditions occur.
- What is the difference between electrical engineering and electrical engineering technology?
- Redirecting to another URL can be useful, but only if some information can be passed which can then be used to explain and/or log the error/problem more clearly.
- net will take you to .com.
- share|improve this answer edited Aug 2 '13 at 20:07 Peter Mortensen 10.4k1370108 answered Dec 2 '12 at 11:59 WASIM ASHRAF 211 add a comment| up vote 2 down vote I use
- I have different folders for many different websites I design and each has it's own .htaccess file.
- Retrieved August 30, 2016. ^ Stewart, Mark; djna. "Create request with POST, which response codes 200 or 201 and content".
- Try moving it up one directory and you may not see this issue.
- share|improve this answer edited Jun 6 '14 at 14:30 Peter Mortensen 10.4k1370108 answered Jun 5 '14 at 16:39 user2070775 3,09532536 add a comment| up vote 0 down vote You can change
The actual response will depend on the request method used. Retrieved January 8, 2015. ^ "ngx_http_request.h". Wrap the text with quotes ("). Apache Custom 500 Error Page I simply add this lines to my vhosts.conf file:
Each new variable will have the prefix REDIRECT_. When an error document in the client's primary language version is unavailable, the secondary languages are tried or a default (fallback) version is used. Copyright 2016 The Apache Software Foundation.Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/misc/custom_errordocs.html httpstatus.
share|improve this answer edited Jul 2 at 9:14 Peter Mortensen 10.4k1370108 answered Nov 15 '15 at 5:59 Ekene 249 This answer is SO WRONG! Apache Error Codes According to HTTP specifications: "The client did not produce a request within the time that the server was prepared to wait. Microsoft. 2009. Any error situation with an error code not handled by a custom document will be dealt with by the server in the standard way (i.e., a plain error message in english).
Retrieved May 21, 2009. ^ "Mozilla Bugzilla Bug 187996: Strange behavior on 305 redirect, comment 13". http://msix.org/apache-error/apache-error-404.html Retrieved November 11, 2015. ^ Sigler, Chris. "416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable". Options Indexes option If set, apache will list the directory content if no default file found (from the above 👆🏻 option) If none of the conditions above is satisfied You will share|improve this answer edited Jan 18 '14 at 12:33 Peter Mortensen 10.4k1370108 answered Sep 18 '13 at 14:46 Julien BRENELIERE 258411 add a comment| up vote 0 down vote (In Windows Apache 404 Redirect
The HTTP/1.0 specification (RFC 1945) required the client to perform a temporary redirect (the original describing phrase was "Moved Temporarily"), but popular browsers implemented 302 with the functionality of a 303 Eugster Jul 23 '13 at 19:19 44 only after adding Require all granted it worked –pylover Oct 27 '13 at 16:31 1 @pylover Doesn't and mess up my configuration... what would appear in /var/log/httpd/error_log). have a peek here Prerequisites To get started on with this guide, you will need a non-root user with sudo privileges.
Name: electronic voting systems cpsclicker at gmail dot com Great publish ! Error Document 404 To find out whether a particular error document was invoked on behalf of a proxy error or because of some other server error, and what the reason for the failure was, Most proxy errors return an error code of [500 Internal Server Error].
One suggestion for these pages is to include links to locations where they can go to get help or more information.
Having said that, I have made ErrorDocument work for normal html page, but I have yet to make it work for cgi scripts. For production it's best to keep to the default directory or another directory structure that's just for holding web assets. I will not post a full explanation, but I think some examples may help you understand, in short remember this rule: IF MATCHED BY BOTH, THE LAST IS WILL WIN Order Error Document Htaccess Full root access.
The general format is: ErrorDocument 3DigitErrorCode /path/to/your/error/file/or/script The 3-Digits error codes are as follows: Error 400 Bad Request Error 401 Authorization Required Error 403 Forbidden Error 404 Missing Error 500 Server https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4918. This address appears on some server-generated pages, such # as error documents. Check This Out Name: theGeoffMeister none PHP Scripts do work!
Retrieved November 11, 2015. ^ TheDeadLike. "HTTP/1.1 Status Codes 400 and 417, cannot choose which". These paths are exported as a set of SSI environment variables and are later evaluated by the "footer" special file. share|improve this answer answered Aug 19 at 1:22 shellbye 1,54711326 add a comment| up vote 1 down vote I had the same issue, but due to the fact that I changed